Pizza Masterclass – 17th & 18th OctoberOctober 12, 2018
MFE Safety StatementOctober 17, 2018
With Halloween just around the corner, we’ve been busy experimenting with some spooky seasonal gelato recipes. Our gelato expert, Ingrid, has created a host of creepy creations that will add a festive feel to any ice cream cabinet. We’ll be sharing these recipes weekly so make sure to keep an eye on our blog! This week we’ll be demonstrating how to create a delicious mint chocolate flavoured Frankenstein.
Per kg of gelato base:
- Batch freezer
- Blast chiller
- Piping bag
- Napoli ice cream container
- Pour a thin layer of Quall’altro on the bottom of the container and place in blast chiller until hard
- Blend mint paste as per weights recommended into base mix and pour into batch freezer
- Melt the stracciatella
- Extract the mint gelato when ready and smooth over completely flat
- Pouring in ‘cremino style’ – ie – completely flat & in layers
- Clean edges of pan thoroughly, put into blast freezer until touch-hard
- Using a tooth pick, draw onto flat gelato guideline area for picture
- Pipe in design, using Quella altro & Quella altra – hair, eyes, nose, mouth, stitches etc
And that’s it! You now have a delcious Frozen Frankenstein for your customers to enjoy this Halloween.
If you would like more information on our Halloween gelato recipes or the ingredients and equipment used, don’t hesitate to contact us today.